Getting ready for an upcoming interview or perhaps just looking to brush up on basic etiquette? Review your skills in under a minute with these quick, but highly helpful, tips. If you’ve got a bit more time on your hands, the embedded URLs will direct you to more detailed blog posts about these topics.
- Plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- Maintain friendly and confident body language, but make sure you don’t come across too relaxed.
- Take a moment to pause and think before answering difficult interview questions.
- Tell a story to articulate what about your background makes you the best candidate for the role.
- Ask informed questions.
- Write a thank you note and send within 24 hours of the interview.
- Interrupt your interviewer.
- Overlook the importance of ensuring your soft skills are emphasized throughout the meeting.
- Lie about your past experience, skills, or qualifications.
- Give cliché answers to common interview questions.
- Say you don’t have any questions at the end of the interview.
- Let these grammar mistakes reflect poorly on your post-interview communications (thank you notes, follow up emails, etc.)
In the future for any upcoming interviews, be sure to review this quick guide to brush up on best practices!