On February 11th, 2014, Jesse Siegal, Managing Director of The Execu|Search Group’s Temporary Staffing division, was featured as a guest on FoxNews.com’s live weekly program, Career Accelerator.
During the segment, which was hosted by Fox’s Lauren Simonetti, Jesse explained how jobseekers with less experience should approach the job search process to land a job that they may not necessarily possess the requirements for.
To get your foot in the door, Jesse suggests:
- Transitioning to a skills-based resume by including a section at the top for relevant skills and accomplishments, as opposed to using that area for an “objective” section
- Emphasizing your soft skills during an interview to show that you are motivated and willing to learn
- Continuing your education/training by attending webinars, acquiring new certifications, and joining industry specific groups
- Pursuing internships and temporary work opportunities
- Volunteering within your industry
As Jesse notes, “The landscape is really competitive these days, so you want to make sure you’re doing everything you can to sell yourself. Always apply and maintain a positive attitude.”