Are you wondering what you are going to do after graduation? You could attend a Career Day at a company in which you’re interested!
The Execu|Search Group is hosting a College Grad Career Day on Wednesday, April 13th where interested entry-level candidates will meet with senior members of our team to learn about the exciting, fast-paced world of recruiting. All attendees will interview for some of our open positions and could potentially walk away with a job offer!
Not sure how to stand out at a company’s Career Day like this one? Here are some tips to keep in mind!
- Timeliness – Make sure you arrive 15 minutes early, at most. Since Career Days generally take up a 6-8 hour time span over the course of one day make sure you come back promptly from allotted breaks. You don’t want to be singled out as the person who showed up late or is holding up the group.
- Attire – Make sure you are impeccably groomed and dressed to impress as if you were headed to an interview or even your first day of work with the company.
- Interview Readiness – Do your research prior to the event and try to be as well versed with the company and their products or services as you can. Have extra copies of your resume on hand and a few questions in mind to ask during the interview.
- “Always Be On” – Show consistent interest and enthusiasm throughout the day! Although every facet of Career Day might not be as interesting as others you should appreciate the time and effort that goes into each piece and stay engaged until the end.
- Professional Attitude – Turn your phones off and don’t chitchat with your fellow attendees! Be respectful of the professionals’ time and give them your undivided attention. Make notes regarding things that you might be interested in discussing at a later point during the event.
- Follow Up – At an event like this you will probably walk away with more than a few business cards. Make sure you send a brief email to each of those individuals thanking them for their time and the experience you had at their firm.
If you are interested in attending our career day please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will receive a phone call with further details regarding our College Grad Career Day.