Deltasone is used to treat many different conditions such as allergic disorders, skin conditions, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, or breathing disorders. Deltasone is in a class of drugs called steroids. Deltasone prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Take Deltasone exactly as it was prescribed for you.
- Take Deltasone by mouth with food.
- Do not take Deltasone in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
- Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results from Deltasone.
- Your steroid medication needs may change if you have unusual stress such as a serious illness, fever or infection, or if you have surgery or a medical emergency. Tell your doctor about any such situation that affects you.
- If you miss a dose of Deltasone, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
- Do not stop using Deltasone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Deltasone.
Store Deltasone at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Deltasone out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Prednisone.